View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 AM   #2277
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

There's a lot of stuff in the news recently about one of my absolute favorite musicians, a fellow by the name of Phil Ochs. Last week a documentary about his life called There But For Fortune debuted in New York City and is about to go on a little spring tour, including two dates at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin on 2/21 and 3/2.

At first I was not particularly excited based on stuff that is not worth getting into, but word is that the movie is totally excellent and I could not be more excited at this point. I doubt there are very many fans of urban topical folk music, but if it intrigues you, the dude is pretty freakin' incredible.

EDIT: Wonderful news for me today, as it's been announced that it'll spend a week at the Texas Theatre in downtown Dallas, an ironic and strangely perfect location considering that theatre's place in the Kennedy assassination. January 28th - February 3rd. If anyone is interested in a largely forgotten singer/songwriter that shouldn't have been, or even a completist of 60s history, don't miss it.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 01-12-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote