View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #514
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDirkulous Tyme View Post
What I meant in respect to Jet and Dirk being the only 2 left from the Finals team was that we HAVE completely overturned our roster from top to bottom, yet we still haven't found a way to win even with the Big German. Trust me, I am factoring in all these variables that you claim I haven't.
I dont trust you because there is no way you could have considered every variable, and the very fact that there has been such an enormous roster turnover is reason to question your idea at all. Teams take time to gel-- and not just 20-30 games.

There isnt a way you can say that Terry is the reason we've sucked when a) Terry was there for the finals run and b) you can't isolate variables

Let me reiterate the argument:

1) If team a team with players D and J goes to the finals one year
2) The next few years the team with players D and J do terribly
3) We can't question player D

but all that argument proves (even without all the other variables that are dropped out of the equation) is that at worst, player J had no effect, and at best the combination of D/J is necessary but not sufficient for success.

Its a 5-man game and although Terry's shooting often drops off in the playoffs, there are few people who actually pick up their FG% in the playoffs and even fewer 6th men (Dirk is one that does improve his numbers). You trade Terry for Jackson and its much much much more lateral than you would have us believe and it'd cost the team chemistry, leadership, and punchy scoring in the clutch for an overrated SF that is a downgrade on Butler in almost every way.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-11-2011 at 03:48 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote