View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #197
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Albert Breer heard from a scout that Newton could be the first QB and possibly the first pick in the draft. There's still a possibility that we could get, at worst, the 7th player on our board.
I have been seeing that on some well-respected mocks, as well. It just blows my mind. He is an extraordinary talent, but he can't make all of the NFL throws, and by the time he has developed, whatever coach it was who drafted him could be long-gone. High picks used on developmental players are coach-killers. Cam would also have to adjust to the type of hits he will take in the NFL, and the ability of opposing defenses to keep him in the pocket. When I watch him, he is consistently late in his throws and reads, and that is deadly in the NFL.

Having a mauling offensive line with a huge size advantage along with a dynamic run game makes Auburn's passing attack somewhat deceptive. If he were to go early, it would most likely be to a bad team who doesn't enjoy the advantages that he did in college. He will get hit early and often, and for a body as big as his is, that could be trouble.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote