View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #113
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, Barea and Terry both have a tendency to pound the shot clock out which is why neither of them make very good PG's - really, Barea is more of a micro-sized SG.

Yeah, I'd LOVE to get Devin back, but I don't think we even need to make a move that big. Sure, getting Harris, Nash or Billups would put us over the top, but someone like Sessions, Farmar or Hinrich would definitely be enough of an upgrade to make a push for a ring (not saying those guys are available, but that's the direction we should be thinking...)

Of course, a STARTING forward is our most pressing need right now. Iggy and Wallace (when healthy) are both excellent options - I'd even go for Al Harrington in a pinch.

Seems like we should be able to get both a starting forward and a backup PG between Butler's contract and our trade exceptions (not to mention our other expirings - Stevenson, Barea, Ajinca and Cardinal would make excellent filler, especially because they can each contribute as players for the right squad...)
I agree wholeheartedly. I don't think that we NEED a guy like DH or Chauncey to contend, but if they could be had for pennies on the dollar, why not steal 'em while they're cheap? I also agree that Barea is really an undersized 2. In all reality, Roddy does every JJB does, only far, far better. If JJB were a D-League player, Roddy would be the all-star version. That is why I CAN'T WAIT to get Roddy back, because I think he will eat into both Jet's and Barea's minutes. Which means I get to spend less time yelling at my TV Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the pure JJB haters out there, because he is actually only slightly below average for a backup WHEN HE HAS ACTUAL PLAYMAKERS ON THE COURT WITH HIM. When he is the one that continually has to create shots for himself and others, we fail.

In all reality, we really should be able to pick up both a big SF, and either a great backup pg, or a guy like DH without giving up Roddy. If this can be done, our front office really needs to make it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote