View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #37
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Fine...I'll play along.

At the first practice with Sasha, low-minute guys (Ian, Lex, Jones and now Sasha) worked on offensive plays and practice stopped on multiple occasions due to Jones' mistakes...
I can kind of understand Carlisle's hesitancy to play him to this point. He hasn't been effective at all scoring the ball (until tonight), and on a team that has trouble scoring that's not a good thing. But I think he does have potential to be a decent scorer if he can figure out what works and what doesn't. He provides a number of good things on the court (he's a good defender, very good rebounder, and a nice passer) so don't we have to be a little willing to work through some mistakes?

I'm not a major Carlisle-basher, but I think he has a tendency to look for reasons not to play his young guys. This isn't always a bad thing when your team is rolling, but when you've got a lot of talent on the sidelines nursing injuries, I think your strategy needs to be reevaluated.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 01-14-2011 at 11:37 PM.
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote