View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
It could be a legs issue.

I am hoping it is a heart issue, despite all the connotations it may be bring, simply because that is reparable.

Kidd truly battled in the first Dirk-less Spurs game as Dirk noted when he helped with commentary. With Butler removed, and after a few 38 minute lost causes, it appears he views this current ailment unsolvable with the available internal tools.
I think (and hope, of course) this is the reason. As you mentioned, Kidd played his ass off in the game against the Spurs at home, just like he did against OKC after Dirk had injured his knee. He's still got it and just has to make sure not to use what's left in hopeless games. Playing in San Antonio without Dirk, Roddy and Caron is as hopeless as it gets.

We can't expect an almost 38-year-old man to carry the Mavs in a situation like this one. If he couldn't carry us for 32 minutes with Dirk, Roddy and Caron's potential replacement on the floor, it would be a problem. Lucikly, the first 29 games of the season didn't indicate that, otherwise we wouldn't have had a 24-5 record.

That's not to say I wouldn't love to have a better backup point guard. I just wouldn't base the need on the last nine games where Kidd and everyone else was severely affected by all the injuries. After all, it's no picnic in the park to be the Mavs' point guard without Dirk, Caron and Roddy.

Last edited by dalger; 01-15-2011 at 09:50 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote