View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #31
cowdog80

cowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of lightcowdog80 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgfan View Post
Barkley is obsessed with big men, and puts too confidence in them. I, on the other hand, put more weight on guards and SFs that can penetrate and score or dish.
Barkley is not without reason. Who is the last team to win a title without an elite big man? Probably '06 by a team I will not name, but they still had just barely past his prime Shaq.

Besides, that explanation doesn't really fit Chuck's reasoning. While Dirk is clearly playing at a higher level than Duncan at this stage in their respective careers, Duncan still fills the "traditional" big man role than anyone on this team.

I think Charles just saw a team which - at that time - was rolling through opposition, while San Antonio (while still winning) was eking by a few teams during that stretch.
cowdog80 is offline   Reply With Quote