View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #66
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I think gun ownership should come with training and evaluation similar to getting a driver's license, and with it should carry equivalent training, etc.

We're talking about a tool which has the purpose of killing/injurying people. It should be taken seriously.
Did Jared Loughner have a driver's license by any chance? What about the two columbine dudes, or maybe that guy at Va Tech?

A wise old friend of mine always says....just because you've got a problem doesn't mean you're guaranteed of a solution.

-----------------

addendum....in a way this is a classic quality control problem....it's easy to get 90% right, and 95% right isn't too hard either....it's that last little bit, the 99.99% kind of area where it gets really tough. When talking about loons on psycho killing sprees, you're talking 1 in a gazillion type of occurences. About the only way realistically you can prevent this sort of thing is to round up everygun on earth and melt it, and I'm on board with that as long as the state and local police are first to throw their guns in the fire.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-21-2011 at 12:27 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote