View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #71
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos View Post
Did Jared Loughner have a driver's license by any chance? What about the two columbine dudes, or maybe that guy at Va Tech?

A wise old friend of mine always says....just because you've got a problem doesn't mean you're guaranteed of a solution.

-----------------

addendum....in a way this is a classic quality control problem....it's easy to get 90% right, and 95% right isn't too hard either....it's that last little bit, the 99.99% kind of area where it gets really tough. When talking about loons on psycho killing sprees, you're talking 1 in a gazillion type of occurences. About the only way realistically you can prevent this sort of thing is to round up everygun on earth and melt it, and I'm on board with that as long as the state and local police are first to throw their guns in the fire.
I see your point. In a way, it may be as dumb an argument as "war on terror." How do you get rid of terrorism? You don't, but you try to contain it as best as you can.