View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #75
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

The rub I have with certain Second Amendment zealots is that in their arguments they seem to exhibit a robust bravado but at the same time shy away from any semblance of a fight. When asked to imagine a world where you can't just up and get a handgun, they bristle. They say that the bad guys will get one anyway, so why shouldn't they be allowed to do the same?

My answer is: you *are* allowed to do the same. If it's that easy for the criminal to get the weapon, it's also that easy for you. And if you feel so strongly--oh, so strongly--about protecting your domicile from any and all outside threats, teeming as they are in this day and age, then you will find a way to arm yourself as well. Why is it that you place so much credence in whether your government says it is "okay"? It's about your about-to-be-raped-daughter, right? My God, man. In that case, I would certainly hope that you don't ask your law officials for permission first. You'd be a hell of a pussy if you did.

If you are the kind of guy who can end a life in order to preserve ones close to you--and, much more to the point, you think you will quite possibly *have to* at least threaten to do that--then you are a Wild West sort of guy and gun laws be damned.

I mean, I just don't get it. If I were as adamant about owning a weapon as even the least Second Amendment zealot, I wouldn't give a rat's ass about whether the government approved. Why do Second Amendment zealots need such approval all the time? Stock your armory and be done with it.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote