View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 08:38 PM   #57
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Sessions at his prime is going to do what exactly for the Cavaliers?
What you suggested is essentially a salary dump lol

They're just going to want picks, money or something to slowly build off of for the future.

Yep, Sessions' fault that the team stinks.

Honestly, he probably has more trade value than anyone else on that team considering his age, skillset, and contract (unless you are a believer that JJ Hickson is suddenly going to get it with a different team). There is a HUGE difference between trading for a TPE only (that would expire this coming offseason, as the Cavs would then be under the cap) or getting a TPE/1st rounder. Even IF they stayed over the cap and had what would be a $4M TPE, what player is out there that they could possibly get without also trading their own first-rounder? Sessions is a huge bargain at ~$4M per, and I am pretty confident that the Cavs recognize that.

Other than simply dumping salary (which they don't need to do at ~$6M under the cap), what would the Cavs' incentive be to trade him? If they would be trading anyone, it would be the high-priced guys they have like Jamison and Mo Williams. I don't see any way they trade Sessions for money reasons unless he is a throw-in with a larger salaried player or if they're going much younger (i.e. prospect or pick).
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote