View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #1211
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I've never had a knee injury...but if he's being honest about there being no pain it would seem like it would come around. A friend of mine who has had knee injuries mentioned that he thought the knee muscles atrophied really quickly when injured...he's probably full of it...

But it would be interesting to hear thoughts from folks who have had knee injuries about how they came back from them, completely or not?
When I was 5 - I got hit by a car and had a compound fracture (bone came out of the skin) right below my knee, as well as tearing my MCL. I feel like I'm 100% today, but I can't really comment on the recovery process besides the fact that it sucked balls at 5 years old not being able to play outside with friends for almost a whole year. Really though I don't remember that much. My example shows that even severe injuries can be recovered from quite well. Although I must say that I was 5, didn't play basketball, was not 7 feet tall :P

I'm sure Dirk wouldn't keep playing on it if he knew it would be detrimental to his future/playing career.

Last edited by tsar; 01-28-2011 at 01:50 PM.
tsar is offline   Reply With Quote