View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #1269
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I wish I hadn't brought it up. Tosh is hilarious, but he pushes the envelope. I guess his show isn't as popular as I thought, because I certainly didn't predict this.

I think Dirk would have laughed, and taking it out of the context created by the video itself it can make it sound bad. But it wasn't. Zach is genius, Bill Burr is excellent.

Let's keep it on topic though, so here's another nugget:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Carlisle
What is causing Dirk’s recovery to be slower than normal?

Well, I think there is something that we all have to realize, and that is we have all become accustomed to a level of greatnessand taking it for granted for a long time. Now its only my third year, and a lot of you guys have been around here a lot longer than that…and so I would just remind everybody that we all are really privileged to be watching one of the truly all time greats. The effect that he has on our entire team is phenomenally high. His presence influences our team probably more than any other great player in this league because it’s so unique. There aren’t many seven-foot guys and probably aren’t any that require a guy glued to him at twenty-four feet from the basket. That just creates a great amount of space which contributes to a lot of great things offensively. His link defensively was sorely missed when he was out too. Then you factor in the fact that we loose Caron [Butler]; there’s your number two scorer, depending on him and Jet, but they are both different type of players and so it becomes an even greater sort of stress on the situation. I think we are all just very lucky that we have been able to experience life with Dirk Nowitzki on this team, because it’s special.

Check it out here