View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #1283
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There was one possession in Wednesday's game against the New York Knicks where Dirk Nowitzki was racing down the court in an attempt to block Tony Douglas' layup. He was not able to get the block but the bigger thing to take away was the fact he made the attempt. It's hard to imagine that Nowitzki could have the ability to make that attempt two weeks ago. Two weeks after his return from a sprained right knee, Nowitzki is regaining the shooting touch that had him primed to overpass his career-best field-goal percentage (50.2 percent). He achieved that shooting percentage during his MVP season of 2006-07.

In the first seven games back from the injury, Nowitzki went 43-110 from the field (39%) and the forward looked like he returned too soon from his injury. Over the last three games, Nowitzki has looked like the sharpshooter the Mavs had prior to the injury as he went 25-38 (66%) from the field. "I feel better, especially in the second halves," Nowitzki said. "I feel like I can make stronger moves again. My legs are there. My wind is better. We’re still going with the two breaks at half, which we usually have before I got hurt, but it definitely hurts me get out a minute or two, even in the fourth quarter I get another rest. So, we’ll see how long we’ll keep that up."
read the rest at http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2011/2/...ciency-is-back

and the last quote is FTW worthy

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 02-03-2011 at 02:01 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote