View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #64
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
I would rather have good ball movement that allows a variety of players to get good shots than have a set individual who carrys the role of second option. The team has always played better when the ball goes through Dirks hands because he facilitates ball movement that involves other team members. Some so called second options require specific touches to be effective often at the expense of ball movement and team involvement.

Notice Chandler is becoming more offensively effective. He was a real offensive threat when he first came into the league but was directed to focus on defense. I believe the longer he plays here the more of an offensive threat he will become. I don't think this team really needs a #2 option in the traditional sense. A lot of options would serve the same purpose only better.
Number two options can often times disappear during a season. And there is no garantee that the Number one and number two would not have simultaniously bad games disappearing at the same time. It is much better to have multiple options through team balence.
I think when you have no ball movement, there's no motion, movement, it allows the defense to setup and grind. when you move the ball around the defenders have to chase, when distracted by chasing, you send players to the cup to creat open lanes. I really liked the offense when Kidd was in Jersey, especially his first year, there was KVH setting up for the homerun, KMart, RJ, Kittles slashing or popping for the catch and pop. It was a great mix. But once they got Carter, it allowed defenders to get balanced and set up to defend.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote