View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 AM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Right, because he wasn't going to play the field much. Which is what I've been saying.

Whatever, it's a silly argument, especially at this point.
25 percent at 1B isn't much, I will give you that, but it is more than you come off assuming he would get, and is what I suggested he would get just a couple of posts ago. He just knows spending more than half of his time at DH is going to hurt his ability to land another big contract after looking around at what happened to so many other DH-primary guys this off season. 40 games at 1B and 10 games at 2B/3B would have been 60 games in the field. That is far more than you seem to see him getting but still too few to keep his value where he wants it. So no, my argument is NOT what you have been saying.

You are right about one thing though - this is silly to even be discussing at this point. He is so gone... FYI - you can search the LSB threads for URLs so you won't repost articles in the future.