View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #267
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Returning only four months after this kind of severe injury sounds dangerous and Caron wouldn't be the first athlete to pay a heavy price for coming back too early. I can understand his commitment and actually appreciate it very much, but his return date or even healing process shouldn't be dictated by the NBA calendar.

The earlier he returns, the less likely it is that he's ready. Considering how Dirk was struggling to get it going again after a mere knee sprain and a nine-game absence, I can only imagine how rusty Caron and his jumper would have to be after four months of rehabilitation due to a much more serious injury. Peja is another example, and he's only missed two months.

I hope that we don't have to get a somewhat ready Caron back into the rotation in April to have a shot at a good playoff run. He may certainly help, but he could just as well be a liability on his way back to the old Butler.
See Jameer Nelson in the 09 Finals...I don't think he should have played in that Finals and you could tell he wasn't the same player before his injury and I think it hurt the Magic.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote