View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:33 PM   #1358
JamesVE

JamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura aboutJamesVE has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
More like 8ish rebounds per game, that's close to his average.
He's averaging 6.8 rebounds per game this year. His lifetime playoff average is 10.9

Not sure what you're referring to with 8ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Masters Statement...

Yea...doesn't even try...

Must spread reputation around before giving PHD knucklehead red box.
In all seriousness, I have no clue what the "passing reputation" stuff is you're talking about. If whatever you're saying is supposed to be a dig at me, I'm completely ignorant of its use/importance. So, yeah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Masters Analysis...

Dirk Career Rebounding Average - 8.4
This year 6.8 rpg..last year 7.7

Lucky that they just fall into his lap being the second highest rebounder on the team...

Dirk's Sidekicks
Dampier RPG career - 7.3 and last year the same.
Tyson this year - 9.4

Anything jump out at you?
Also might want to throw out january and a bit o' february to see how the numbers actually look.
I believe I was instructed to not look at "raw numbers", but nonetheless - how are we to know Chandlers rebounding prowess over his predecessor as an explanation for Dirk's lack of rebounding isn't just a spurious correlation?

Barring some staggeringly in-depth statistical analysis involving a huge range of factors and variables, I'd say there's virtually no way to prove or disprove your theory there. But I will say that with your logic, Kidd's down a rebound a game from last year - so shouldn't that mean Dirk should average an extra rebound? And so on and so on. See, it's nearly impossible to say.

All I'm saying is that from what I've observed from watching Dirk this year, he doesn't try to rebound as much as he should and is capable of. That's it. That's my whole point. Yet you seem to be, for some reason, mortally offended that I'm critiquing the effort of a professional basketball player who is of relation to neither of us.

Barring Dirk being your long-lost brother or something, I'm kind of puzzled by your passive-aggressive reaction to my opinion.

At least b_o_r seems to have some common sense/logic here