View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #36
tsar

tsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to beholdtsar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Man you guys are myopic. We absolutely need a trade if want a ring. If you're happy with making it to the 2nd round, and a micro chance of the WCF, sure, no trade.

Yeah guys like JJB, Jet, Marion, etc. look great scoring in the regular season against teams like the Kings. The playoffs is a whole different story. Even with Roddy, this team needs a reliable #2 option when things get tight and Dirk is doubled. We've seen how Jet, Kidd, Marion and co. handle that kind of defensive pressure in the playoffs. And the results have not been favorable.
What if Roddy does turn into that number 2 option? There are plenty of games before the season ends and the playoffs begin, and plenty of time for him to come full circle. I don't want play rento-Melo (which by the way, does NOT guarantee us a trip to the finals, WCF, second round, whatever) and then watch Roddy develop into a super star in Denver. There's no guarantee that we'll make it far, but I like our chances more so than I've liked our chances in the past few years. Sometimes it's better not to change a good thing... we've made 2 huge trades in the last 3 years and have not let the team develop the much needed chemistry that championship teams have.

I'm not blind: I can see the argument for a trade, and it makes sense in a lot of aspects but you have to look at the team concept and the intangibles that come with time and playing together as a unit.