View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #31
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
A contender for what? The playoffs? Maybe.

He's overrated because, while it's getting better, many fans still see raw scoring output and equate it to greatness, without considering what players have to do in order to accomplish their numbers. It's what lead people to fantastically overrate Allen Iverson and Gilbert Arenas, amongst others.

Carmelo is certainly not the chucker that those two players were, but he is very near the bottom of efficiency for the elite NBA scorers.

He's a great player but I don't think he's good enough to be the best player on a championship team, and I think most NBA fans would disagree, which is why I saw he's overrated.

Oh, and if he goes to New York, he will combine forces with another overrated NBA star (for different reasons) to play with the most overrated coach, and become a juggernaut of overratedness(probably not a real word).
Yea when I say contender I mean get his team into the playoffs. Actually have a legit shot at a title is a whole different subject. There's only a few guys that make that list and i'd say its about 3 or 4 and two of them play in Miami.

Just curious though. Do you believe Lebron is a better player than Melo? And by how much if so? Because I believe they're of the same caliber but most would consider Lebron a top 5 talent in this league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote