View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #32
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I would argue that Dirk has contributed more to his team defensively over his career than Amare has.

And, of course, Dirk is a better offensive player.

I'm going to assume that you're just arguing for the sake of it, rather than actually trying to push the idea that Amare is Dirk's equal. Amare's a great player but he's not on Dirk's level.
I am not arguing for the sake of arguing, and I never said he was Dirk's equal (anymore than I said Carmelo was for that matter - I said some would argue). The point is you act as if both are overrated because they are both considered superstars. The fact is - both are. I would be absolutely THRILLED if either joined Dallas. They are both Batman for their teams and would be a tremendous co-batman here. They are not Robins - stop acting like they are. That is my point.