View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Is this a joke?

Average rebounder?

Bad man defender?

What crack are you smoking? Throughout his career, Dirk has been a GREAT rebounder and GOOD man defender.

Top 10 in defensive rebounds NINE TIMES.
Top 10 in RPG THREE TIMES.
Top 5 in Defensive Rebound % TWICE.
Top 10 in Defensive Win Shares TWICE.

It is flat out embarrassing how ignorant some people are. Dirk is an average rebounder now. Throughout his career he has been a great rebounder. And ever since the mid 2000s he's been a very good man defender. Unreal.
I fully understand that he has been a very good defensive rebounder in past years; however, being a very good defensive rebounder and a horrible offensive rebounder is like a man giving good oral but having a limp dick. You need to be fairly good at both or you aren't great at sex.

I understand on offense he plays away from the rim most of the time, but he could still show the effort on plays not run for him. He has one of the worst ratios of all time regarding his defensive/offensive splits on rebounding. His rebounding totals have always been directly related to effort, which is why they always rise come playoff time. If he put the effort in on the offensive glass he could have pulled down 12+ RPG in his peak years and likely 9-10 right now.

Oh, and calling Dirk at 7' tall and pulling down just over 6 and a half rebounds per game average at rebounding now is what is embarrassing. That is very, very much below average for a starting PF playing the minutes he is.

To be honest Cadbane, considering the typical quality of your posts here, I actually feel quite good anytime you disagree with my opinion. Generally that means I am spot on.