View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #44
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Both defensive and offensive rebounding matter, the reason its not a part of his game is because he is bad at it? So I guess free throws don't matter for Dwight 2?
You wonder why people don't take you seriously. Let me explain an apparently elusive concept to you. When a player's offensive game tends to develop farther from the basket, their likelihood of offensive rebounds dwindles.

What Dwight Howard being a poor free throw shooter has to do with that, I haven't the foggiest. Sure, offensive rebounds matter. But you have to contextualize them. Moses Malone was notorious for purposely padding his offensive rebound numbers. Defensive rebounds, on the other hand, are a necessity. Could Dirk get more offensive rebounds? Sure. Would it hinder the Mavs offense if he made such an endeavor a priority? Absolutely.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote