View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
His offensive rebounding numbers are irrelevant because that's not part of his game. Most offensive rebounds are the result of guys missing their own shots to begin with. If offensive rebounds were so important, then people would have been shelling out 15 mill a year to Danny Fortson. Defensive rebounding is the sign of a good or bad rebounder. Dirk has always been a significantly better defensive rebounder than Amare (22% career to Amare's 19.8%).

Lets not even get into the asinine defense remark you made, comparing the two as equal defensively, which is LAUGHABLE. Actually, lets not let you off the hook there since you said it.

The Knicks give up SEVEN MORE points per 100 possessions with Amare on court defensively.

The Mavs EIGHT LESS points per 100 possessions with Dirk on court defensively.

That's a MASSIVE 15 point swing, because Amare, despite flashy blocks, is a horrible defender. One of the worst starting PFs, just a notch above Love. While Dirk is actually a good defender.

So you want to field that one, dumbass?
No, that isn't typically the result of offensive rebounds. Offensive rebounds are all about desire and want-to off of all misses - your own and otherwise. Considering Dirk is one of the most efficient players in the NBA he doesn't put up a ton of shots. That means there are a lot of other shots on offense he could pull down. He doesn't. To pass that off as irrelevant and then drop Danny Fing Fortson as your reasoning is just retarded. And I'm talking Rain Man retarded (you know, good with stats but no Fing common sense). Of course, if the shoe fits, right?

Now, regarding defense, while I never said that Dirk and Amare were actually equal defensively (that is the 2nd time you suggested I said something I didn't you moron - read please) please understand that the PP100P stat takes into account other defenders as well. What does that mean you ask? Well, when Dirk is on the court, considering he is a starter, he also played frequently with Butler (while healthy), Chandler, Kidd, etc... He is also paired up a good bit with Marion. When he sits? Yeah, mostly Barea, Terry, etc... Same with Stoudemire. He has always been on poor defensive clubs with poor coaching. Phoenix never had great defenders and NY isn't a top notch defensive club either (though they do have a few good individual defenders).

Amare's biggest problem is Dan Tony but my point is that with that stat it isn't just about one guy. Raymond Felton, fellow NY Knick for example, is considered a good defender but he is currently giving up TWELVE more points per 100 possessions using Basketball-Reference.com's DRtg stat. Likewise, Ronny Turiaf is another good defender on the Knicks that is giving up that same SEVEN more points per 100 possessions. Dirk using that stat? 5 more points per 100 possessions - a difference of 2 vs. Amare - with a defensive minded coach and with better individual defenders around him. Again, I am not saying Amare is Dirk's equal defensively, but suggesting they are light years apart is just stupid.

Please keep coming with your ignorance - beating you aside your head with "NBA for Dummies" is actually entertaining during this slow weekend.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-20-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote