View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #13
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
kind of off topic but I think Steve Kerr is one of the smarter analysts out there.

As for the MVP voting: I'm not sure that MVP voting is definitive evidence. No one think Nash is better than Kobe or even on his "level", for instance.

I'd say,% wise, coaches probably have Dirk higher the most often. They are the ones that have to scheme against both of them and I know for damn sure that Pop would rather be facing Melo 8 days out of the week. Then GMs.. then players.. then analysts. It's a tossup between players and analysts though, because although they have first hand experience seeing how hard Dirk is to guard (see: comments from Durant and Shaq) there are a lot of dumb, thug players who probably hate Dirk and respect Carmelo. Analysts could also have Melo higher sometimes because we've seen many, many cases where national analysts are completely clueless about the mavs (see: people making comments about Dallas' lack of D as recently as this year) and analysts buy into hype.
All-NBA teams having nothing to do with MVP though...

Also, Kerr is definitely an idiot. The guy is absolutely clueless. He's only a notch above Mark Jackson. One night he was seriously debating who is the best European player (Dirk or Pau), and no, he wasn't even talking about now.

Last edited by CadBane; 02-21-2011 at 05:20 PM.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote