View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
First two are certainly concerns. The third one is a concern, but tonight I didn't really see that. 8-13 points is not a "big lead." 6-0, 8-0 runs are incredibly common in the NBA.

Personally, when I say I'm concerned about the Mavs giving up a "big lead," I mean a lead that's big enough that a run-of-the-mill NBA run by the opponent isn't going to make the game competitive again. Like when you're up 25 and suddenly it's a 4 point game. Being up by 10 or whatever is nothing in the NBA.
I'll take it a step further. If this huge lead (over 15) happens in the first 3 quarters, there is a decent to good chance it'll evaporate or get pretty damn close to evaporating.

If you have that huge lead in the 4th quarter, those should never evaporate.