View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be the ultimate test of the scoring differential debate. And by debate, I don't mean whether differential matters. It clearly does. Cuban and a Celtics exec both very casually mentioned that scoring differential is one of the key metrics they follow during the Sloan conference this weekend.

However, Hollinger will tell you that the Heat's record against winning teams and in close games doesn't matter at all. But at some point, doesn't it have to matter a little? If you consistently, over and over again, destroy bad teams and lose to good teams, doesn't that matter?

I guess we'll see. I like Wojo, but he's had a real public issue with Lebron for a long time, and while I agree with some of the sentiments of the article, he's going to far to fast on Lebron, as usual.

I do wholeheartedly agree that the Heat would be a much better team if they would let Wade have the ball late in games. Lebron just does not have a refined enough offensive game to execute consistently in those situations.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 03-07-2011 at 04:02 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote