View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
It is most certainly "arguable" that he's their second-best player. You're having to argue against it right now.

I know you prefer Marion. That's cool. I might agree, I'm not really sure. I definitely prefer him in some respects. But it's definitely arguable.
Arguable that he's their second best player? Come on dude.

From a pure value/talent standpoint, there is absolutely no argument to be made that Caron was better than Tyson Chandler this year. And I really don't think there's a ton of argument for him being better/more valuable than Marion.

And while he's probably a better overall player at this point of their careers, losing Kidd would have hurt a lot worse.

Caron Butler was never, at any point, the second best player on the Mavericks. And he wasn't even close to the second most important.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote