View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 PM   #680
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
He was a really good defender last year. He does seem to have the yips or something this spring; it's concerning.

Although I'm not real concerned about him not wanting to crash into the wall during spring training (I didn't see the play, so going off what you said).
You know me - I am an asshole typically. That said, completely not trying to be that at all here, is it possible that he simply covered a lot of ground and didn't drop balls that he made it to so therefore seemed to be a really good defender when the truth of the matter is that he was just a really fast guy?

He takes poor angles from what I see, slows up when he should be sprinting, and puts himself in situations where he has to react REALLY fast to make up for his poor angles and decrease in speed. What that leads me to think is that, in general, he probably had those same traits most of last year and they didn't burn him while he has been fairly unlucky with balls hit just far enough that his issues are more noticeable at this current moment.

Just a thought.