View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Rose has certainly become overrated imo.

People talk about him as a LOCK for MVP. He's a very good player...but lets be real, the guy shoots 44% from the field and 34% from three while turning it over 3.4 times a game. Those are some very damning stats. I don't think a guy that shoots 44% and turns it over nearly 4 times a game should be an MVP. What's HIGHLY underrated is the rest of the Bulls team. I know they battled some injuries, but Rose has three borderline all-stars in Deng, Boozer, Noah. Noah is probably the 2nd best center in the NBA. Bench is very very very good as well with Korver, Gibson, Asik, Watson, Kurt Thomas and Brewer. Not one weak link there. TT is coach of the year.

So yeah, I think Rose is overrated. On/Off plus/minus is only +1.2 (Deng has a higher one).

I also think Durant, Amare, Melo, Pau, Blake Griffin are overrated. Keep in mind, great players, but overrated to their perception and overall impact.

Guys I think are underrated:

Lamar Odom, DeJuan Blair, Deng, Tony Parker, Chuck Hayes, Kyle Lowry, Gortat, Thaddeus Young.
I was going to list all of the same overrated guys you did except for Pau. He's simply underused.

It's hard to call Rose or Durant overrated because they are both great players and really care about winning(Durant also really cares about his stats)but they also seem to be good guys. Yet they are both pretty inefficient offensively and could be better defenders if they tried harder. Only slightly overrated.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote