View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 11:04 AM   #88
Spurs Fan

Spurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the roughSpurs Fan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post
first off, good luck to the spurs as well.
Thanks. We're going to need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axilla View Post
2nd, i think the tangible is there to complain about.
dirk doesn't play his position the way he should. this affects the rest of the team and in basketball, it takes more than one or 2 players.

There is no doubt that dirk is superior to a vast amount of players as a specimen and collection of skills. But those skills do not and have not fostered the type of basketball that needs to be played in order to win a championship.

mavs play around the perimeter instead of inside-out--greatly because dirk doesn't like the paint.

i'm only trying to critique the philosophy and direction of the mavs. how could a valid assessment be made if the best player and focus of the offense is not mentioned?
This is your board, and your team. I understand your concern, but consider that Dirk has never been a prototypical PF. All I know is that every time the game is on the line, and Dirk puts up one of his falling-away contested floaters, I KNOW that it's going in. I just put my head down in my hands, because it just is. Is that enough to win the championship? So far, no, it hasn't been, but I just can't see putting that all on Dirk. Sure, he's your leader, and rightfully so, but he can't do it all by himself.
Spurs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote