View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #128
Lor20
Golden Member

Lor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud ofLor20 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
...their players are some of the worst jump shooters in the league because they are guys who are better at scoring close to the basket, which you just said was the key to "scoring consistently." But now you're saying, "The key to scoring consistently is points in the paint, but also making jump shots"? No offense, but that's not exactly very enlightening.

Thig is absolutely right. The key to scoring consistently isn't getting points in the paint, it's getting easy baskets. It doesn't matter how you get them. Oftentimes points in the paint are easy baskets, but the two aren't synonyms. For a team like this one, the two will never be synonyms. The Mavs have done a good job for years of getting easy baskets without high points in the paint. The key isn't to get more points in the paint, but to continue executing their efficient jumpshooting offense.
I was only replying to your mention of the four teams with the most points in the paint.

I never claimed that just scoring points in the paint was the be-all-end-all. The problem is that you need a healthy mix of penetration and jump shots and the mavs are lacking penetration and post scoring.

I can't think of any recent championship team that didn't have either good post scoring or good penetration but only good jump shooters.

You simply don't win a lot of playoff games if you have nothing to change up when your jump shooters are off and the ones that are on get double teamed.
Lor20 is offline   Reply With Quote