View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:01 AM   #19
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Kobe. Hear me out. I honestly think the reason he has 5 championships, doesn't have a whole lot to do with him. He absolutely mailed it in at least 5 of his 7 finals, if not 6. If it's not for Phil, Shaq, and the Gasol, Odom, Bynum trio, and to an extent Artest - and unlike Kobe - the actually very clutch Fisher and Horry... He has zero championships. Replace him with Dirk for their career, and Dirk has 5 rings, Kobe has none. I would love to see Kobe going to war with a young Devin and Josh Howard, and a frontcourt of Damp and Diop, lmao.

He makes the all-defense teams regularly, despite the fact that he only occasionally plays defense since like 2003, and guys like Sefolosha doesn't get the recognition. Also, his MVP award was a life time achievement award. The evil midget so badly outplayed him that season it wasn't funny. And the biggest reason, why i think he's the most overrated player (despite being a trumendous player btw) is there are more and more people who actually really think he's close to MJ... Which is an absolute joke of course. I honestly think he's a very lucky, rich man's Iverson, always being in the best possible situation. Think about that, Dirk scores just as much in the playoffs, on better efficiency than Bryant.

I've read a piece, that pointed out with facts, that Paul Pierce is also a better playoff performer. Last year's game 7 was a perfect example of Kobe's career. Shooting 4 for 26 (or whatever), his frontcourt saved him one more time, and he's the finals MVP, and the next day, people start talking about what if he matches MJ's rings next year. That's the ESPN (or whatever other medias) created big freakin' hype baloon, and it will not stop until Bryant retires. That is how badly they want to find the next Jordan, and if they can't find it, they'll create one, the biggest manufactured superstar of all-time.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-08-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote