View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 PM   #21
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Some of the newer folks don't realize to what extent that UberDirk and RCF have both failed to legitimately contribute to discussions over their long careers here. Rather than being normal human beings, they've just seen fit to masquerade with quasi-celebrity personalities and try to piss people off....FYI newbies, UberDirk used to be Dirk77, who went through about 8 screen names.

I've been in on the whole history of D77...all the way from the dreaded and defunct Mavstalk. And, as everyone knows, I had some real big issues with the clown known as RCF/SuperSlowMo. And Rhylan's last post really goes to the heart of the matter.

I think a rereading of what is expected around here should be mandatory for all. The key word, that the Mods, and especially Rhylan, stress is "contribution". Everyone, and I mean everyone, should make a contribution to this forum in their own way. We seem to be getting less and less of that every day. Most of my interaction is now occurring through PM's with others that I respect and enjoy reading.

Now, along with some others, I'm posting less and less because of the lack of "quality" around here. I'm not here to slam all of our newbies, but most of them don't seem to have a clue as to how to really contribute either. All I see are a bunch of one or two sentence posts that don't really add much. I've always tried to post a lot of outside articles, stats, and other things to give us a well rounded conversation.

UD, there are some people here that would welcome you back if you'd make a contribution, quit with the language, and start obeying the rules...but you have a really long history to overcome. But Ubie, as Chiwas points out, you've gone over the line with many more members and, frankly, they don't want you here.

Take some time off, please. And, from here on, take Doc's advice and keep this a private matter between you and the mods.