View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #25
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Um...no. Look I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but let's try to stay on this side of the sanity line. Shaq was an undoubtedly great player, but let's not lose sight of the fact that he was almost useless closing out close games. Kobe was the closer on a title team when he was 21 years old.

You're underselling his defense as well.

There's no doubt that he's been fortunate, but he's still been the best player on two NBA Finals teams and the closer and only guard creator for three more.

Jordan also had a fantastic coach, had an elite and under rated all time great player, and had great role players as well.

I do think history will remember Kobe as being better than he was, but you are taking the idea way, way too far.

It seems to me that you think that a great player can't be massively overrated. To me, theoretically, any player can be overrated. MJ, KAJ, Bird, anybody. Kobe is a Top 5 player of the last decade, but the people will probably remember him as the best, when in reality, at least three (KG, Shaq, Duncan) player's prime impact dwarfed Kobe's. Some have him in the top 5 all-time already, which is ridiculous. He's not even the best Lakers yet, and in 2 years, most of the people (at least under 20) could think he is better than Jordan. Maybe they already think.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 04-13-2011 at 03:47 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote