View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #38
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
No it's actually not, and no, he's not easily one of the top 10 players ever. He doesn't have a PER in the top 20 probably. All he has is his rings, which i know in America means everything, but what did he do, besides below average scoring efficiency, bitching about his teammates, and do the wannabe Jordan routine? How is possible that he's literally the only all-time great who oddly different, when you look at the advanced stats? You could say stats aren't everything, yet, he's the only one that does not have the impact numbers? And don't give me that weak rings argument. Again, replace Kobe with Dirk for their careers, and Dirk has 5 rings, Kobe has none. Please, give me that strong argument why should we change the immortal 6 to immortal 7. (lmao)
All he has is rings? Isn't that how a superstar is defined? His success in the post season? Kobe not only has had success but has RINGS. Its insane to speak of it like anyone can get them. Only a handful have gotten them in the past 20 years. And Kobe would have no rings if he was on the Mavs but Dirk would have 5 if he was on the Lakers? What is your basis for this opinion? I'd love to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Rose, he is a very good player but watch Rose and Westbrook play, what do you see? Basically the same player
Now wait a minute now. You can argue that Russell Westbrook is a superstar in this league. I need to this type of play from him for about another year or two for me to consider him a superstar personally but he's every bit as good as Derrick Rose and that's not a slight to Rose but more so a compliment for how great Westbrook has been this season. He's defintely been more consistent than Durant.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote