View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:37 PM   #58
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
On paper, a series tied 1-1 shouldnt spell doom for anyone. But this isn't just any ole team were talking about. This was the Mavs vs their instate rivals who have a nack for losing the first game of the first round in a playoff series and come back to win it. I'm no gypsy wizard or anything but I had a gut feeling the spurs weren't just going to lay down after that loss and sure enough they came back strong and brought the series back to Dallas up three games to ontne the very next Monday. Now you might say anyone could have predicted that, but I've watched enough games between those two teams to know how they would react. Portland doesn't have that same instinct that SA has, but you don't want to give a team that's already boasting with confidence against us anything to add to that. You put them away in the first two games.
Sure, losing Game 2 was bad. But the Mavs had plenty of opportunities to take Game 3 as well as Game 4. They lost in the end, but it was not pre-destined by any means.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote