View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #1005
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY watched this last night (that's what i get for having twins... damn kids ruin everything ).

I actually kind of liked the dance scene. Having read the books, i watched it as completely platonic, and it actually made me smile. Just a nice, burden-lifting scene.

i wonder if they'll have the grave stone at all. After all, just mere seconds before his death, Dobby does say "I am a free elf". Maybe they'll leave it at that.

Overall, i really liked it. Liked the darker tone, liked that thay stayed pretty close to the book. didn't know what to think of the animated part when it started, then i ended up LOVING it when it was done.

i know it's tough to make this call when the entire universe is set with magic stuff that can introduce something new at any moment... but this just reminded me how big of a deus ex machina the "sword in the water" scene was (from movie and books).

"we're stuck, don't know what to do... oh look, a deer! and a sword in the water! And here's ron to save me, with his magical deluminator that also tells him where his friends are! um, huh?"

i know it is explained later when we find out the truth about snape, but at that moment, good lord, it seems bad.