View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 01:01 AM   #5
buddha08

buddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of lightbuddha08 is a glorious beacon of light

I remember during many of the last 11 years dreading a Lakers match up in the playoffs, only to watch it never materialize. I remember one Nelson coached year when we had Danny Fortson come out in the season opener in a new Mav. space-foil uniform looking like a baked potato trying to guard Shaq, and thinking, we're screwed-- the Mavs were so flippin' scared of the Lakers, and no gimmick, whether it be a spacesuit uni., a point forward named Walker, or a Marion-esque floater shooting turnstile defender named Jamison, was going to mask the Mavs lack of belief in themselves. I also remember Aquirre, Blackman, Harper, and Donaldson pushing the Lakers to game seven in the conference finals and thinking ever since, we have unfinished business. These Mavs have no inferiority complex. Kidd, Marion, Dirk, Chandler, and Terry are hungry vets. I believe it's payback time!
buddha08 is offline   Reply With Quote