View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #76
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
I think KG doesn't belong in the same sentence with Duncan and Dirk

KG was overrated in his prime and no comment on his game now
Let's tap the breaks here. I'll take Dirk's career over KG's, but not even close? KG's one of the best defensive players this game has ever seen. And he's STILL one the game's elite defensive big men right now.

I'll take Duncan over Dirk and Dirk over KG, but saying any of the three isn't in the conversation or not close to the other two is hyperbolic.

And for the record, I think KG is my least favorite NBA player of this generation. I can't stand the dude. But let's give credit where it's due.

Also, to Murph, I would say that I like the effort to show how dominant Dirk has been in the playoffs, but Win Shares is a pretty craptastic statistic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote