View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #11
GermanBlitzkrieg

GermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura aboutGermanBlitzkrieg has a spectacular aura about

Longhorndub, you're acting down right anti-American, (OK this is too heavy too, I should post more often, be less emotional) censure me because I see something one way and you don't. I may have been too heavy handed with the title, but I think Terry may be upset to a small degree. As I said, he had a chance to make history. In 20 years, nobody will care about this year's championship. But people could sit there going, "I remember when..." if Terry set the record.

And my point is still this: a team sport? Check. Need others to succeed? Yes. But do ANY of us really NOT want recognition for our individual accomplishments? Of course we do. And Terry deserved a chance at that recognition.

If the title is too heavy handed, and the first post too strong, delete the thread. Or rename it. This is a private board, so the mods can do whatever.
I find this ironic from purplefrog's signature, however:

"Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records." -William A. Ward

Not if you play for Rick Carlisle.

And of course he did a great job coaching. I still think my point is valid, if put too strongly earlier.

Last edited by GermanBlitzkrieg; 05-09-2011 at 11:06 AM.
GermanBlitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote