View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for starting the thread, Murph.

Definitely sad stuff.

Quote:
Robert “Tractor” Traylor Has Died

Robert “Tractor” Traylor, former Michigan Wolverine and the 6th overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft, has died, according to the basketball team he plays for in Puerto Rico. According to the Facebook page of the Bayamon Cowboys, Traylor was found dead in his apartment in Isla Verde. Their game tonight was suspended.

Traylor, nicknamed the “Tractor” because of his considerable size (his playing weight was close to 300 pounds), was a McDonald’s High School All-American alongside Kevin Garnett, Vince Carter and Paul Pierce, and led Michigan to a 1997 NIT title.

In 1998, he was drafted by the Mavericks, but then traded to Milwaukee for the rights to Pat Garrity and little-known German prospect Dirk Nowitzki. He struggled to live up to his first-round status in the NBA, and began playing overseas in 2006.

A cause of death has not been confirmed. Traylor battled weight issues throughout his career, and reportedly had a heart condition.

RIP Tractor.
He played fairly well in blue, and technically the Mavs would not be where we are without him.

Hats off to the Tractor.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by ty; 05-11-2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: formatting
ty is offline   Reply With Quote