View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future
Default Kareem going off on twitter

kaj33 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Rumor has it that I will be getting a statue. A caveat for all my fans-don't hold your breath. Lakers don't care about me. #KAJ33

sabres916 brian wise
@ @kaj33 You are a legend. Why does it bother u so much? Ur accomplishments on court mean a lot more then a statue.
30 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@sabres916 Your right but there is principal involved so I can't ignore the situation any longer. #KAJ33

loctor Luis Bowers
@ @kaj33 How long did Magic have to wait for his statue?
28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@loctor Magic waited 8 years to be honored in that way. So maybe I am chopped liver? #KAJ33

@kaj33 Cap I don't know where the breakdown is. But YOU will get your statue ! That's unthinkable! Buss is not Sterling !

@ @realjazz2011 Re the Buss Family, I don't if you can be sure about that! #KAJ33

lukehagfors Luke Hagfors
@ @kaj33 pipe down, old man. you've got plenty to be thankful for. count your immense blessings instead of crying over not having a statue.
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@lukehagfors No tears just an oppty to state how I feel about the way things are. Justice deferred is justice denied. #KAJ33

Doc_aka_UNBorn ♠Deon Edwards♠
@ @kaj33 Now that u've made ur feelings so public, dont u think it is gonna take away from it when u DO get 1… (cont) http://deck.ly/~6hN5p
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@Doc_aka_UNBorn who knows when or if that day will come in my lifetime.

MovieViral MovieViral.com
@ Why are the biggest NBA legends so bitter? First MJ at HOF ceremony & now @kaj33 about not having a statue.
18 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@MovieViral A slight is a slight. There is no bitterness. Laker fans have always let me know that they appreciated me. That is sufficient.

heyAndrew Andrew Loyola
@kaj33 fair enough. It seems like a random thing to be airing out in the open. I'm curious to hear about the context that prompted this
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@heyAndrew What prompted me has been a steady diet of disrespect from the supposedly wonderful Laker family. see Sporting News for the story

EverythingLaker Laker Boy
@ @kaj33 this is more than a statue, there is some kind of resentment fuming inside of you about something else involving management/ownership
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply in reply to ↑

@kaj33
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
@EverythingLaker Should we mention the straw that broke the camels back ?

Its not about a getting a statue because I'm over it - its about RESPECT! Lakers have given me the absolute minimum of respect. #KAJ33