View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 11:20 PM   #2654
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Yeah, the Bulls' have been getting by all season with excellent defense and rebounding. The offense on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. I just don't think they have the pieces offensively to get it done so they've pretty much just built their offense around Rose trying to iso one-on-one to either free himself for a jumper or drive into the teeth of the defense.

Problem is that despite all the accolades, Rose isn't really good enough to make this a workable offense. And when you run into a great defensive team like Miami with a couple of super-athletic wings that can otherwise pack in the paint, the Chicago offense is going to get exposed. Chicago is pretty much screwed if they let a team get to 90 points because Rose takes way too many shots to get his 25 points a night.

I really like Rose because his game is really fun to watch when he's not being asked to do too much, but he's not exactly ready to have an entire offense built around him yet. I don't care what the MVP voters say on that front either.
I can agree with that. I think in terms of sheer talent and ability, Rose is probably top 5, but he is NOT a very good floor general/decision-maker.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote