View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #93
ariesmar27

ariesmar27 is infamous around these partsariesmar27 is infamous around these parts

hello mavs fans... im not a heat fan, just a lebron fan. so by default i guess i am a heat fan, though im actually a kings fan which i doubt makes this any easier being on a mavs message board. but you really cant look at the regular season record as an indicator of how the finals will play out. the two teams are totally different.

in those two games the heat didnt have miller and haslem, miller came back in that second game... the mavs had butler who isnt playing now.

ive enjoyed watching the mavs play in the playoffs this year but miami is a totally different beast than the thunder. how will the mavs stop lebron and wade from attacking the basket at will in the 4th quarter? dirk will most likely be amazing but 2 stars vs 1 star, i dont see how the mavs beat the heat 4 times. the bulls swept the heat in the regular season and won game 1 in the playoffs, then they lost 4 straight. it was their first 4 game losing streak of the season.

yes rondo was hurt, but look at what lebron did to the mvp... he was shut down. with kidd at pg, bibby wont be a defensive liability and might actually get into rhythm and hit some threes.... miller has been amazing off the bench in the past 2 games with his rebounding and his shot finally going in. haslem, well... yeah. i dont see how chandler will be able to protect the paint in the 4th when bosh and haslem are on the court together, thats what screwed up the bulls... boozer/gibson were on bosh but noah couldnt protect the rim with haslem in the game. the same thing will happen to chandler.

i dont think that the heat will dominate the mavs like they did the bulls but i do think that the heat will win. dirk could score 40 a night and still lose because i dont see how the mavs will stop wade and lebron from getting whatever they want in the 4th. they have finally figured it out, the bulls are a much, much better defensive team than the mavs... with wade/miller/lebron/bosh/haslem on the court the mavs wont be able to play jjb/terry/kidd together like they did against the thunder. who will jjb guard? who will terry guard? period... i dont see how that would work in a 7 game series. 2 regular season games, fine... but the finals. i just dont see it working, the heat wont be rattled like the thunder were.

but this should be a lot of fun to watch, good luck either way....
ariesmar27 is offline   Reply With Quote