View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #185
kchan4487

kchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the roughkchan4487 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
The problem with your way of thinking is that it's very individualistic. Analysts and fans like to think about games in terms of individual matchups, and honestly, the more they think that way, the more Dallas has an advantage. The Mavs play team basketball, something I would forgive Heat fans for not recognizing. LBJ and Wade are stupendous athletes, and their physical prowess alone can compensate for a lot of shortcomings in the rest of the team.

In Dallas, though, it's about the team. Read or listen to any interview of any player or coach - it's always about the guys, the collective effort. If you have any doubts, check out some of the plays in the clutch in recent games. The big one that sticks in my mind is the final minute of OT in game 4 against the Thunder. If Dallas weren't playing team basketball, no way JKidd gets the ball to hit the go-ahead three in the corner. Dirk, however, is that kind of superstar.

So, to answer your question, JJB obviously is not better than Rondo or Rose, but neither did Rondo nor Rose have Dirk Nowitzki spotting up on the elbow on the other end of their PNR, which adds a sudden new dimension to be accounted for. The reality is, Dirk makes everybody better. Regardless of the outcome of the series, I hope you will be able to appreciate and recognize his greatness.
+1 This. Its not about whether JJB is better than Rondo or Rose. You're not gonna be putting Wade or LBJ on him like you did the other two.
kchan4487 is offline   Reply With Quote