View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #40
OSUmavsfan

OSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to allOSUmavsfan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
On that general topic, though, there's something that's never made sense to me. In 2003, the Mavs drafted 30th overall and took Josh Howard, one pick after the Spurs took Barbosa. Both teams were 60-22. The Spurs got the #1 seed in the playoffs, Mavs #3 (Kings at 59-23 got #2 for winning their division). Why did the Spurs get both the better seed in the playoffs and the better draft pick? Seems like a serious rule oversight if the tiebreakers for playoff seeding and draft position are different (if they flipped a coin, or something).
I agree the tiebreakers are stupid. I think the draft is decided by a coin flip, when they could easily just give it to the team that didn't get the playoff tiebreaker. I remember earlier this postseason when the Mavs won the coin toss to get the 26th pick over the Lakers, I thought how unfair it would have been if the Lakers had taken that pick from us, in addition to taking homecourt from us.
OSUmavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote