View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 01:48 AM   #8
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
First of all, I have all those guys except for D-Rob & Dr. J over Dirk.

But Dirk is better offensively than Duncan, Hakeem (statistically), Kobe (statistically) Dr. J, and D-Rob. I mention Hakeem & Kobe statistically, because the counter can be argued. However, Dirk is solidly better offensively than Ducan, Dr. J & D-Rob.

The fact that he has been a complete beast in the playoffs his whole life gives him the edge over D-Rob (who never really elevated his game) and Dr. J. Of course one could argue those two over Dirk...NOW. But it's debatable. How you seem to think he could never pass either (if you deem him behind now) is straight laughable.
It's all debatable. I just don't think he can ever pass either (D-Rob or Dr J) because there are two sides of a basketball court. D-Rob is one of the greatest defenders that we have ever seen and Doc was also good defensively. And their offensive numbers are right there with Dirk's. And they have both won an MVP. Now of course if the Mavs go on some title spree or something well then everything changes. But I'm trying not to go that route, because if I do then I may as well say LeBron is going to leap Dirk if he wins a title (I didn't have him in the top 15, and he has better numbers, plays D, more MVP's and is really only missing the ring).

If you agree with me on the first 12 guys, and not the last 2, there are still guys like:

Karl Malone - Do you really rank Dirk over him? No title, but he lost to Jordan and Hakeem.
Barkley - Do you really rank Dirk over him? No title, but he lost to Jordan and Hakeem.
Isiah - He led his team to two titles and beat Larry, Magic and Jordan to get them. No MVP's, but no one was winning MVP's at that time except for Larry, Magic and Jordan.
Elgin Baylor - Kinda hard to compare eras but a lot of old-timers have him as a top 10 player, right along with Oscar and West
Jerry West
Drexler - Led his team to two Finals and won one in a supporting role
John Stockton

That top 20 range is no joke.

Last edited by kingmalaki; 06-22-2011 at 01:51 AM.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote