View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #2159
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Malone played 18 years in Utah. He lost to Jordan twice. 16 other chances to get a ring.
Malone entered the league in 85. Over the next 14 seasons, only 4 teams won titles (Celtics, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls, Rockets). I don't see Dirk beating any of those teams either. The weakest one were the Rocket teams, and I don't see him going through Hakeem the way he was playing in 94/95.

Quote:
Barkley played on 3 different teams trying to get a ring and played Jordan in the finals once (I think). I think he also lost to Jordan in a previous round one time as well while in Philly, but still it's not like that was the only team keeping Barkley from a ring.
Barkley entered the league in 84. See the Malone explanation.

Quote:
I don't really care that they lost to Hakeem... Honestly I think beating Kobe/Durant/LeBron/Wade is more impressive than beating Hakeem.
None of those players have ever had a postseason as good as Hakeem had in 94 and 95 (when he beat Malone and Barkley). And Hakeem didn't have any kep players dissapear in the series like Gasol did for LA, or LeBron did for Miami. The Rockets also had a fairly balanced team, unlike Miami for example. Neither of those teams is beating the 94/95 Rockets in a series.

Quote:
Dirk has better playoff numbers than Malone and didn't have nearly the second star that Malone did and Dirk won it anyway. Barkley and Dirk's numbers are comparable, which makes the ONE ring between the both of them the deal breaker.
Dirk does not have better playoff numbers than Karl Malone. You are looking at his career numbers, which includes his post prime years. Dirk's playoff numbers will drop. I agree that Dirk didn't have the 2nd star that Malone did, but it seems like you are bumping him over Malone and Barkley based on him winning a title. Do you see Dirk winning a title in their era?

Using the same criteria, if LeBron wins a title next year then would you leap him over Dirk since he has better playoff numbers and they would both have a title?

Quote:
btw LOL at implying that Drexler could be ranked above Dirk.
Drexler led his team to two Finals and also has a championship. Drexler played defense, could score and was also a great facilitator (6 apg avg). He, similar to Malone, got caught in the Magic/Bird/Jordan era.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote