Thread: "Project"
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #19
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
This past regular season is really just a blur to me. I'll tell you a few of my favorite games are of the entire Dirk Nowitzki era. Probably won't help you with your book, but I just feel like sharing.

2003 @Sacramento- The Kings had won all 3 previous meetings that season. This time, Mavs are down by 3 with the clock winding down and Nash sinks a 3 to tie it. Mavs win in OT.

2003 first round game 1 vs Portland. Dirk scores 46 and Mavs cruise to victory.

03-04 @Seattle- Dirk scores 43 and Antoine Walker hits the game winner then does that stupid "shimmy." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pa3MTfxnE

04-05 @Seattle (again)- Terry stinks it up the entire night but then sinks a huge three at the end of the game. He then turns around and does that funny scowl that looks like he just bit into a lemon.

04-05 vs. Houston- Classic shootout. Dirk scores a then-career-high 53 while T-Mac scores 48. Mavs win in overtime.

2006 season opener @Phoenix- Mavs get their asses kicked through most of the game. They trail by 17 at one point in the 4th quarter, and then Dirk sinks three 3's right in a row to pull the Mavs back in the game. Mavs go on to win in double OT.

2006 Semifinals game 7 vs. San Antonio- I think everybody remembers that one.

2006 WCF game 5 vs. Phoenix- Dirk drops 50 and utterly humiliates Tim Thomas (oddly enough, his future teammate.)

December '06 vs. Phoenix- Absolute nail-biter til the very last possession. Dirk hits a game-winner over Shawn Marion (another future teammate.)

2007 vs Toronto- Mavs trail by as much as 29 and somehow manage to come back and win.

To be honest there's not many individual games in the past 4 years that stand out to me. They all sort of run together. I was pretty much shell-shocked ever since the loss to Golden State in 07.
That was the 06-07 season opener if I remember correctly. The Mavs lost the first four games, and then went on a ridiculous 55-5 streak after winning that game.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote